After hearing several positive reviews about Zengo, I was more than ready to try it. I was told that the view is breathtaking but you really have to see it to believe it! I had an amazing experience at Zengo – the food, service and the view, are all absolutely mind-blowing. This is one restaurant, I would highly recommend everyone to try out at least once! Located on the 61st floor of the Kempinski Residences and Suites, this is not to be missed.
You receive a warm welcome by the hostess and are shown your table promptly. Reservation is highly recommended. The restaurant has a very modern, sophisticated and minimalist vibe to it. From the floor to roof, every bit calls out stunning. The chopsticks had my fancy.
I was there for lunch on a Thursday with my husband and four year old. We decided to try the Lunch “Omakase” and what a fabulous choice this was. The Lunch consists of four courses – Sushi, Dim Sum Basket, Hot Platter (mains) with two sides and Two Desserts. And oh my, each of these were fabulous. We also got the Crab XiaolongBao and the Vietnamese Paper rolls (both on the house) and I was blown away. I was already sold with the paper rolls sushi
- So the sushi comes with Shrimp Rolls, Salmon Gunkan and Hamachi Sashimi. We chose to skip the sashimi and went for the rolls and gunkan only. Gone in no time, wiped clean.
- Dim Sum basket – came with two chicken dumplings and two mushroom Bao. So good! Small but hearty portions
- The Mains or Hot Platter- Chicken and Beef Sate and BBQ Lamb ribs along with veggies and fried rice. The two sticks each of Chicken and Beef are topped with delicious, nutty peanut sauce. I loved the textures of the meats, just lovely. My four year enjoyed the Sates’. The BBQ lamb ribs were delightful. Tender, juicy and delicious meat to please you!
- The Vietnamese Paper Rolls (not part of Lunch “Omakase”) – I had been cravings good paper rolls for a while now and these are very good. A must try if you like paper rolls. You can’t miss the freshness and crunch in each bite. The flavors come together beautifully and the peanut sauce was oh-well, WOW!
- Crab Xiaolongbao (not part of Lunch “Omakase”) – These delicious crab Bao are something I have never tried before. To be eaten with a soup spoon, each bite bursts with flavor.
Now coming to Desserts – We had the choice to choose two with the Lunch “Omakase”. Our first choice was the Sticky Rice topped with mango bits and Ice Cream, yes ice cream! Not even in Thailand did I have sticky rice topped with ice-cream. Delicious and so refreshing.
Our second dessert was the Yuzu Lime Cheesecake. Oh wow, oh wow. This beauty is not be missed.
The Lunch “Omakase” is an excellent choice for two persons dining at Zengo for lunch. It will give you the opportunity to try some of their popular items. It comes with excellent portions and will leave you satiated.
The lunch is priced at QAR 215 and includes water and soft drinks.
This place has made to my list of dining favorites and I look forward to returning to enjoy more of what Zengo has to offer.