Do we ever say no to cupcakes? No, we don’t.
I am all for making home made, easy to prepare cupcakes. And these Nutella cupcakes are just that. Easy and delicious. Kids are going to love it. Make them without Nutella and still yum (good for school lunches).
I made these for the first time five years ago inspired by a recipe on Fauzia’s Kitchen Fun. Ever since, these cupcakes have been a constant in my home and are now loved by my two little children.
Its a simple recipe to put together. Sieving the flour at least once is a crucial step for getting those soft cupcakes. I would not recommend skipping this step. Also, for best results, bring your ingredients to room temperature. Putting the Nutella into the cupcake batters is good fun and my 4 year old does that each time we bake these delights.
- Self raising flour – 1½ cups (store bought or make at home )
- Eggs – 2 large
- Milk – ½ cup or 100ml
- Sugar – ¾ cup (Castor sugar or grind granulated sugar to fine powder)
- Butter – 100gms (unsalted butter stick) at room temperature
- Vanilla essence – 1tsp
- Nutella – as required for the cupcakes
- Line your cupcake moulds with the liners. I love the liners from Wilton Preheat your oven to 170°C
- Sieve your flour twice or at least once. Ensure that all your ingredients are at room temperature.
- Using a cake mixer/blend, beat your butter and sugar together till light and creamy. Add your eggs one at a time till thoroughly incorporated.
- Add one-third of your flour to the wet mixture and beat till mixed. Do not over mix. Then add half of your milk and beat together. Repeat this till you have used the flour-milk-flour combination. During the last portion of your flour, add the vanilla.
- Take your batter and add half way through the liners. Then top your batter with Nutella and try to fold the batter over the Nutella using a small spoon. You should get about 16 cupcakes using this.
- Place your prepared batter in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. They should appear done. You may insert a toothpick in a couple of cupcakes to see if they are done. Toothpick should come out clean. Try to insert in the white area of the cupcake only.
Ready to serve!
They stay well in air tight containers for 2-3 days. If its too hot/humid, store in the refrigerator and warm in the microwave for about 10 sec or let them come to room temperature.