Its true that Nutella makes things right, this cookie is testimony to that.
As it is, the cookie is delicious on its own but that Nutella filling will take your cookie love to the next level and there is no turning back. Crumbly, chewy and all that Nutella goodness is what a good cookie is made off.
This easy to make delightful cookie inspired by The Recipe Critic is a party pleaser and a great way to involve the kids too. Nearly all ingredients are easily available at home. If nothing else, I am certain Nutella is always stocked in your pantry 🙂
The steps are easy to follow – Beat your butter and sugars followed by eggs and vanilla.
Mix in your flour and baking soda and stir in your chocolate chips.
Then comes the fun part! Divide your dough into two equal portions. Take one portion and press on the base of an 8″ skillet or cake pan. I used a cake pan for this. My 4 year old was super excited to help out with this.
Then comes my favorite bit- Lathering on that Nutella on the base of the cookie. I always try not to overdo this bit.
Next step – cover your Nutella with the second half of the dough. Take large pieces and place them together till they come together as one. Top with more chocolate chips. Help yourself!
Your cookie is now ready to go into the oven. Believe me, this is going to be a long wait.
It takes about 20-25 minutes for the cookie to get done. Depending on your oven, always stay alert starting at 20 minutes. Look out for the golden edges – that’s when your cookie is ready.
- Unsalted butter – 1 stick or 100gms (Bring to room temperature and allow to soften)
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1 large
- Vanilla extract – 1tsp
- All purpose flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Chocolate Chips – to your liking
- Nutella – Between 1/2 to 3/4 cup (You maybe tempted to but don’t overdo)
- Grease your mould/skillet lightly with butter and preheat oven to 170°C. I used an 8″ cake pan.
- Beat your butter and sugars till light and creamy. Beat your egg and vanilla till well incorporated.
- Sift your flour and baking soda and add to your wet mixture. Mix with spoon till it comes together. Add in your chocolate chips.
- Divide your dough into two equal portions. Press one portion into the prepared cake pan. Top this with Nutella.
- Take large pieces of the remaining dough and flatten them with your palms. Place these flat dough pieces on top of your Nutella in such a way that the pieces join together.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes till the sides are golden. Keep an eye starting at 20 minutes. You don’t want your cookie overdone.