Homemade brownie mix that can be made ahead – enough said.
I cannot believe I never thought of doing this before. Rushing to make brownies just as required. Well no more of that now or at least I can hope. This is taking my meal planning a step ahead!
This excellent recipe has been inspired by I Am Baker‘s excellent and full-proof recipe for the brownie mix. I have adjusted the sugar, cocoa and slightly the baking time to suit our taste.
This is a super simple recipe with nearly all ingredients always available in the pantry.
Excellent for middle of the week school bake sales or something to take for your colleagues.
Just easy and so yummy.
- Sugar – 3/4 cup (You can use more if you like)
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup (I used Hershey’s unsweetened)
- Flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
That’s all! You could store it in an air tight container or glass jar until you use it. I wouldn’t keep it longer than two weeks though especially when it gets really hot. Preferably store in cool, dry place.
When you’re ready to make the brownies, you will the need the following –
- Butter – 100gms unsalted
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Pre heat your oven to 175°C
- Sift through your brownie mix.
- Melt the butter and let it cool.
- Beat eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to eggs and stir gently to mix.
- Add the melted butter to the brownie and mix just until combined.
- Add the mix to a prepared pan ( I used 8inches round pan) and bake for about 25 minutes.
- I always set the timer to at least 4 minutes before the actual time to ensure that the baked item is not overdone.
- If your oven heats up too soon, maybe set timer to 20 minutes and keep an eye.
- Feel free to go for add-ins like nuts, chocolate chips etc.